Bank of Lake Mills was organized in 1893 by S. A. Reed, E. J. Fargo, L. D. Fargo, David Gardner, B. J. Silliman, R. E. Favill, Robert Fargo, William Everson and Conrad Engsberg. The bank was built despite the numerous bank failures that occurred that same year.
In 1919 Emil Neupert joined the bank, and he became President of Bank of Lake Mills in 1964. In 1971 his son, John Neupert, was elected President. John is now Chairman of the Board, and his son Ty Neupert is President and Chief Executive Officer.
For 85 years Bank of Lake Mills was located at 114-116 East Lake Street; and there we flourished and grew until it became apparent we needed more space. In 1978 a new building was constructed at our current location at 136 East Madison Street, Lake Mills. The corner lot gave us the opportunity to expand our services, adding drive-up lanes, an ATM, off-street parking and a much larger interior. We've constructed two additions to our building as we have increased commercial and secondary market lending, included investment counseling, and added electronic banking services such as debit cards, credit cards, telephone banking, internet banking and bill pay.
In 2007 we opened a Loan Production Office at 1640 Church St, Watertown. In March 2010 we moved this office to our new building at 400 Bernard St. This location is now a full-service branch.
Bank of Lake Mills has a solid history of steady growth. When we moved to our current Lake Mills location in 1978 our assets totaled $11,698,000. Today our assets exceed $185,000,000. We are proud of our heritage of service to the Lake Mills community throughout our long history. Our commitment is to provide our customers in Lake Mills and Watertown with all of the conveniences technology can add to banking, while maintaining the friendly, personal service you've come to expect from us.